Burning Wheel: Olengrav
Holy Knight of the Triad
Lifepaths – Born Noble, Page, Squire, Religious Acolyte, Lead to Religious, Military Order
Age – 30
1. Rabinov is not fit to rule our city with demons whispering in his ear. I will convince father that, with the city’s help, he could be in charge.
2. The canon cannot withdraw the Church’s forces at this time. The city needs our protection and I will convince him of that.
3. (Faith) I am the Sword of Flaming Justice that fells the darkness and drives Corruption from our world.
Sworn to the Order I am sworn to protect those Gifted who have been touched by the Triad.
1. Never turn away from those in need.
2. Work on regaining my agility for an hour each morning.
3. Always place myself between allies and danger.
Mark of Privilege (Dt), Tonsured (Dt), Faithful (Dt), Disciplined (Char), Sworn to the Order (Dt), Rose-Tinted Glasses (Char), Overly Familiar (Char), Lay on Hands (C-O for Faith Healing), Open and Honest (Char)
|Su: B3||Li: B5||Mi: B7||Se: B9||Tr: B10||Mo: B11|
Riding B2, Brawling B3, Write B2, Read B2, Sword B6, Etiquette B4, Mounted Combat Training, Shield Training, Armor Training, Knives B2, Doctrine B5, Bureaucracy B4, Command B4, Persuasion B4, Oratory B2, Observation B3, Conspicuous B3, Intimidate B3, Suasion B3
Expert Swordsman 1D
Infamous with Lycaeum (Church’s Curs) 1D
Boyar Family 1D
Church of the Triad 2D
Heavy Mail 4D
Great Shield 4D
|The Sister’s Sorrow||B5/B9/B13||2||2||3||Long||Spirit weapon, superior quality|
Born the eldest scion of the noble Boyar family, Peter was always a devout follower of the Triad, even as a boy. Though it disappointed his father, it was no surprise when he joined the Church—specifically a holy order of knights dedicated to protecting those Gifted by the Mother and Twins with the ability to do magic.
He was soon put in charge of protecting the young sorceress, Ganya. Protecting her while performing the other duties of his station take up much of his time, but when he can get away he still visits his younger brother, Nicodemus.
His major failing is that he always strives to see the good in others, and his friends and family fear that one day he’ll trust someone he shouldn’t.